Erasmus+ Departmental Coordinators
Each department of the University has a designated Erasmus+ Departmental Coordinator.
The Erasmus+ Departmental Coordinator is responsible for:
Inter-Institutional Agreements (IIAs)
- Liaising with current and potential future partner institutions to discuss the suitability of student/staff exchanges (further detail on the factors to be considered can be found under Inter-Institutional Agreements
- Liaising with the Exchanges and Study Abroad Team to ensure that the necessary documentation is completed for proposals for new or renewed agreements (further details on the factors to be considered can be found on the Inter-Institutional Agreements page)
- Providing advice and guidance to students regarding their options within the department
- Selecting students for outward exchange mobility to partner institution and providing details of nominated candidates to both the partner institution and the Exchanges and Study Abroad Team
- Liaising with the partner institution to ensure that full information is provided to the student regarding the partner institution's application process, deadlines, accommodation details, and registration etc.
- Ensuring that outgoing students contact the Exchanges and Study Abroad Team to complete the required Erasmus+ student documentation by the appropriate deadlines (details of all deadlines can be found on the Annual Timeline
- Study Placements: agreeing unit choices and ECTS credits with both outgoing and incoming students, and ensuring these are documented on the Learning Agreement for Studies
- Work Placements: agreeing the details of the training requirements and ECTS credits with outgoing students, and ensuring that these are documented on the Learning Agreement for Traineeships
- Maintaining contact with students abroad regarding academic matters and ensuring marks from the host institution (with translations if appropriate) are available to School examination boards by the appropriate deadline
- Acting as a contact point for incoming exchange students with regard to departmental or academic matters
- Providing information to departmental staff members about Erasmus+ staff mobility placement opportunities at partner institutions
- Acting as the primary departmental contact for the Exchanges and Study Abroad Team to provide accurate, timely information on all Erasmus+ staff and student mobility for annual reporting purposes
In cases where a department holds multiple IIAs, or where specialised links exist with a partner, it may be that the partnership is handled by a designated Departmental Link Tutor. In these cases, some of the duties above may be delegated to that Departmental Link Tutor with the Erasmus+ Departmental Coordinator's approval.
Designated departmental support staff may also assist with or complete some of the above tasks with the Erasmus+ Departmental Coordinator's approval.