Erasmus+ Staff Mobility
Under the Erasmus+ programme, members of University of Portsmouth staff may be eligible to take part in either a teaching or a training mobility, and claim expenses for travel, accommodation and subsistence for the duration of the exchange.
Funding is provided by the European Commission on the basis of receipted expenditure for travel, accommodation and subsistence. For details on funding levels and guidelines, please contact the Exchanges and Study Abroad Team.
The mobility year runs from July to August. Funding is generated based on annual reports that are made by the Exchanges and Study Abroad Team to the European Commission in February, March and July each year. Please refer to the Annual Timeline (pdf) (available soon) for more details. Please note that funding cannot be guaranteed for trips that have not been notified to the Study Abroad/Exchanges Team in line with the report schedule.
Conditions and eligibility
The following conditions must all be met in order for funding to be claimed under the Erasmus+ programme*:
- For teaching mobilities, the proposed mobility must be detailed on a current Erasmus+ Inter-institutional Agreement
- Applicants must be contracted members of staff
- The trip must be authorised in advance by the Erasmus+ Departmental Coordinator, the Head of Department, the Exchanges and Study Abroad Team and the partner institution (priority should be given to candidates going abroad for the first time)
- A minimum of 8 teaching/training hours must take place per week or any part of a week, with a minimum of two full working days up to a maximum of two months.
- All University and Erasmus+ paperwork and essential documents must be completed in line with current regulations and reporting deadlines. Please refer to the step-by-step guide for full details of how to proceed:
Please contact the Exchanges and Study Abroad Team with any queries.