Humanities and Social Sciences
University of Portsmouth sites
External learning and teaching sites and reports
- Higher Education Academy (HEAC): Our vision is for students in UK higher education to enjoy the highest quality learning experience in the world. Visit HEAC.
- Using Technology to help students engage with their feedback, Sheffield Hallam University, 2010.
- Higher Education Funding Council for England (HEFCE): Visit HEFCE.
- Collaborate to compete: seizing the opportunity for online learning for UK higher education, Online learning Task Force, 2011.
- 2011 report - Enhancing learning and teaching through the use of technology.
- 2010 report - Student perspectives on technology – demand, perceptions and training needs.
- e-learning research journals: Click here to see e-learning journals.
- Staff and Educational Development Association (SEDA): SEDA is the professional association for staff and educational developers in the UK, promoting innovation and good practice in higher education. Visit SEDA.
- British Institute for Learning and Development:The new British Institute for Learning and Development builds on the success of the British Learning Association and will address the needs and raise the status of all those involved in learning and development (both organisations and individuals). Visit the British Institute for Learning and Development.
- Joint Information Systems Committee (JISC): JISC aims to provide leadership in ICT-supported teaching and research, and advises UK funding councils. Its Learning and Teaching Committee focuses on learning and teaching, research and institutional management. Visit JISC, or read more in our e-learning pages.
- London International Conference on Education (LICE): "The aim of LICE is to provide an opportunity for academicians and professionals from various educational fields with cross-disciplinary interests to bridge the knowledge gap, promote research esteem and the evolution of pedagogy." Visit LICE.
- ESCalate (HEAC): ESCalate is part of the Higher Education Academy. As the Subject Centre for Education we are a discipline-focused team with expertise from across the diverse world of education. We work with staff in education departments to enhance student learning in education programmes throughout the UK. Visit ESCalate.
- Teaching International Students: Teaching International Students pages of the HEA.
- Joint Information Systems Committee (JISC): JISC aims to provide leadership in ICT-supported teaching and research, and advises UK funding councils. Its Learning and Teaching Committee focuses on learning and teaching, research and institutional management. Visit JISC.
- Netskills: Netskills helps individuals and organisations to make effective use of innovative technology.
- Smashing magazine: Smashing magazine web design blog.
- Association of learning technology (ALT): ALT is the UK's leading membership organisation in the learning technology field.
- Mashable: Mashable technology news.
- Techcrunch: Techcrunch technology blog.
- BBC: BBC technology website.