On Tuesday 16 December more than 250 members of staff from all areas of the University came together to celebrate our strengths at the conference for support staff.
Delegates used the conference to share good practice and celebrate the many successes around the University. There were nine break-out sessions covering a variety of topics, each with a common theme of celebration.
Graham Galbraith opened the conference, and Bernie Topham provided thoughts on her first year and her priorities for the next. Darrel Woodman, from the Art of Brilliance, entertained the audience while demonstrating the value of appreciating and celebrating strengths. Our Chancellor Sandi Toskvig welcomed delegates back after lunch by highlighting the importance and value of the contribution of our support staff.
Initial feedback has been extremely positive from the many online feedback forms received.
“a great and insightful event that made me feel appreciated as a member of staff”
“I enjoyed the conference as a whole, there was a very good atmosphere.”
“I really valued the opportunity to attend, the presentations by the Vice-Chancellor and other members of the UEB as well as the Chancellor was very effective in demonstrating the appreciation of senior management for support staff and professional services”
Sandi Toksvig Addresses the conference
Darrell Woodman, Art of Brilliance
2014 Support Staff Conference Working Group
- Anne Burrill, Deputy Director of Marketing (Chair)
- Emma Loten, Management and Staff Development Adviser, HR
- Lauren Cummings, School Manager, Biological Sciences, Science
- Peter Coxhead, Technical Manager, Biological Sciences, Science
- Gary Dudman, Assistant Credit Controller, Finance
- Lisa Wearn, Facilities & Operations Manager, Sport and Recreation
- Helen Keetch, Registry Support Systems Analyst, Academic Registry
- Bob Carr, Information Systems Manager, Estates
- Chris Hollis, Chaplaincy Administrator
- Nick Leach, Head of Catering Services, Campus Services
- Stuart Graves, Service Delivery Manager, IS
- Hannah Clement, Internal Communications Officer, Marketing
- Elaine Duncan, HR Administrator, HR
- Lisa Jeffery, Assistant Librarian, Library
- Sarah Turner, School Manager, Art & Design, CCI
- Les Black, Service Delivery Manager. IS