Strategy, Enterprise and Innovation
Dr Chris Simms
- Role Title: Reader in Innovation Management and New Product Development
- Address: Richmond Building Portland Street Portsmouth PO1 3DE
- Telephone: 02392844816
- Email: email@example.com
- Department: Strategy Enterprise and Innovation
- Faculty: Portsmouth Business School
I am a Reader in Innovation Management and New Product Development at Portsmouth Business School. I teache on a range of undergraduate and postgraduate programmes, including business studies and business administration, as well as marketing programmes. I also manage the MSc in Innovation Management and Entrepreneurship.
In 2013 I completed my PhD examining the management of packaging within new product development in the fast moving consumer goods industry. My research interests include, branding, new product development, innovation and packaging.
Book chapters & Trade journal articles:
- Case study on VHS, DVD, and Blu Ray. For book chapter, published in Trott, P. (2011) Innovation Management and New Product Development, Prentice Hall.
- Book chapter, “Packaging and its impact on Consumer Culture”, published in Dale Southerton’s Encyclopedia of consumer culture 2011.
- Trade Journal Article: “Working Together”, in Packaging Professional, published 2010.