Strategy, Enterprise and Innovation
Mr David Smith
- Qualifications: BSc (Hons) (Imperial College, London) ACGI, MBA (Wales, Cardiff)
- Role Title: Associate Dean (Innovation and Business Engagement)
- Address: Portland Building, room 2.16, Portland Street, Portsmouth, PO1 3AH.
- Telephone: 02392844173
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Department: Strategy Enterprise and Innovation
- Faculty: Portsmouth Business School
- the leadership, co-ordination, development and stimulation of sustainable innovation and business development activity;
- the strategic development, financial appraisal and operational management of innovation and business development activity;
- the development and maintenance of extensive internal and external networks.
- academic leadership for the Business Services and Research support team.
- Liaison with University Research and Knowledge Transfer Services, other central services and Faculties.
Previous roles have included:
- Subject Group Leader, Strategy, Enterprise and Risk
- Business Development Director
- MBA Programmes Director
- Subject Group Leader, Strategy and Operations
- Course Leader, Executive MBA
Strategic Management, consultancy and operations.
Exit Strategies and Strategic Alliances.
Research/applied research work on Strategy, Business Development and Exit Strategices, supported valuable input to MBA strategy teaching and to supervision of MBA consultancy and research projects.
Non-Executive Director and consultancy experience brings a range of senior management issues into my teaching, and to discuss how organisations are approaching these issues.
Consultancy and previous business management experience also support a more holistic perspective to MBA teaching, and to make an effective contribution to the integrative units.