Strategy, Enterprise and Innovation
Mr Rob Spalton
- Role Title: Senior Fellow
- Address: Portsmouth Business School @ Cranwell, Whittle Hall, Royal Air Force College, Cranwell, Sleaford, Lincolnshire. NG34 8HB.
- Telephone: 01400 268038
- Email: email@example.com
- Department: Strategy, Enterprise and Innovation
- Faculty: Portsmouth Business School
I served as an Army Officer for 16 years with the Light Infantry and the Rifles, spending most of my time at Regimental Duty in Command as well as three staff tours in Joint (Tri-service) posts.
After a final posting as the Army Instructor at the RAF Air Warfare School, I retired from the Army and joined the Portsmouth Business School team at RAF Cranwell.
Personal skills in military operational planning, joint operations, command and leadership.
Qualifications and Professional
- MA Geography, Oxford University
- Graduate of Intermediate Command & Staff Course (Land) 2008
- Officer in the Light Infantry (1999-2007) and the Rifles (2007-2015)
- Platoon Commander (1999-2001)
- Platoon Commander Recruit Instructor (2001-2002)
- Mortar Platoon Commander (2002-2004)
- Battlegroup Operations Officer (2004-2006)
- Staff Officer, Permanent Joint Headquarters (2007-2010)
- Company Commander (2010-2012)
- Staff Officer Air Warfare School (2012-2015)
I teach on both the Initial Officer Training Course and the Masters’ Level Senior Officers Study Programme. I am responsible for a range of subjects including historical air power studies, military theory and contemporary security studies.
My areas of research interest reflect the experiences of my military career, focussed primarily on Air-Land integration and Joint (Tri-service) operations. To date I have not published.