Strategy, Enterprise and Innovation
Mr Nick Randle
- Qualifications: BSc MLitt MRAeS FCMI
- Role Title: Principal Lecturer
- Address: Portsmouth Business School, Portland Road, Portsmouth, PO1 3DE. Also, Director, Academic Support Services (Royal Air Force), Whittle Hall, Royal Air Force College, Cranwell, Sleaford, Lincolnshire. NG34 8HB.
- Telephone: 02392848484
- Email: email@example.com
- Department: Strategy, Enteprise and Innovation
- Faculty: Portsmouth Business School
Management Responsibilities: I lead the PBS@Cranwell team and am responsible for day-to-day operations and business development. I am responsible for building partnerships and developing focussed mutually beneficial relationships between the RAF, Cranfield Defence and Security, PBS and organisations working in the field of professional military education (including strategic studies, leadership development, military history and aerospace power).
In depth understanding of the processes, structures, cultures and activities of the military and security sectors both in the UK and overseas.
Applying academic thinking on leadership in a practical context to improve individual and organisation performance.
Personal skills in military operational planning, command and applied leadership.
Qualifications and Professional
- BSc (Hons) Aeronautical Engineering, BristolUniversity
- MLitt Strategic Studies, Kings College Aberdeen
- Fellow, Chartered Management Institute
- Member, Royal Aeronautical Society
- Graduate, General Duties (Aerosystems) Course, winner of Aries Trophy
- Air Defence Navigator 1980-83, 1990-93,1997-98
- Air Navigation Instructor (A2) 1984-1986
- Air-to-air weapons specialist 1987-1989
- Commander 29 (Fighter) Squadron 1997-98
- Assistant Director, MOD Directorate of Air Operations 2000-2002
- Commander RAF Akrotiri and Western Sovereign Base Area (Cyprus) 2003-05
- Director of Studies, Advanced Command and Staff Course 2005-2007
- United Kingdom Air Component Commander/Air Officer Commanding 83 Expeditionary Air Group 2007-08
- Director Defence Leadership and Management Centre 2008-2011
Teaching interests: I lecture in leadership development and contemporary security studies; my particular interests are improving individual performance and concepts of change leadership.
Research and Professional Expertise: my professional expertise is borne of a 35-year career in the Royal Air Force – the latter stages of which were specialised in professional military education. To date I have not published.
- Change leadership
- Improving individual leadership
- Teaching methodologies for mixed ability/mixed maturity/culturally diverse groups
- Contemporary teaching methodologies