Strategy, Enterprise and Innovation
Professor David Grant Pickernell
- Qualifications: 1991 BSc.(Econ)Cardiff University (II:1), 1996 Ph.D.(Econ)Cardiff University (The Single Market Programme and the UK Based Automotive Component Industry: Economic Integration and a Changing Industry/
- Role Title: Professor of Small Business and Enterprise Development
- Address: Richmond Building Portland Street Portsmouth PO1 3DE
- Telephone: 02392844184
- Email: email@example.com
- Department: Strategy Enterprise and Innovation
- Faculty: Portsmouth Business School
David Pickernell is Professor of Small Business and Enterprise Development at Portsmouth Business School, having previously been Professor of Economic Development Policy at the University of South Wales. He is also a visiting Professor at Coventry University and has also been an Adjunct Professor in the School of Management at Queensland University of Technology in Brisbane Australia.
His publications cover topics related to small business, enterprise and economic development policy, and his current research interests revolve around enterprise, entrepreneurship, economic, clustering and the role of universities in innovation and enterprise.
He has had over 80 articles published in refereed journals, given over 40 conference papers and had a number of chapters in edited books. He has also undertaken research and consultancy for a range of organisations, including the OECD, EU, Welsh Assembly Government, Queensland Government, Victorian Government (Australia), Welsh Development Agency, Cardiff Council, Council of Mortgage Lenders, Associated British Ports, Shaw Trust, Federation of Small Businesses and ColegauCymru.
He also holds the Prince 2 Qualification and until very recently was external examiner for the PGC in Leadership at Cardiff Metropolitan University.
U23571 Innovation and Entrepreneurship Specialism
Small Business, Enterprise Policy, Entrepreneurship, economic clustering, the roles of universities in innovation and enterprise.
In the video below David talks about his research interests.