Strategy, Enterprise and Innovation
Dr. ing. V E (Victor) Scholten
- Qualifications: PhD
- Role Title: Visiting Fellow
- Address: Dr. ing. V E (Victor) Scholten
- Telephone: +31 15 27 89596
- Email: email@example.com
- Department: Strategy, Enterprise and Innovation
- Faculty: Portsmouth Business School
I am an Assistant Professor in Technology-Based Entrepreneurship at Delft University of Technology, the Netherlands. Before joining Delft University of Technology in 2007, I held the position of Assistant Professor at Erasmus University in Rotterdam. I received a PhD in entrepreneurship in 2006 at Wageningen University, The Netherlands.
Between 2009 and 2012 he was vice-program manager of the MSc programme Management of Technology program at TUDelft and since 2008 he is coordinator of the minor programme Technology-Based Entrepreneurship and coordinator of the MSc MOT specialisation ‘Emerging Technology-based Innovation and Entrepreneurship’. In addition to that, I was graduation coordinator for the section Technology, Strategy and Entrepreneurship from 2008 until 2012 and is member of the TPM exam committee since 2008.
My current research interests are in academic spin-out companies, technology transfer to SMEs, strategic business venturing, entrepreneurial teams and entrepreneurial networking strategies.
- In 2010 I managed to become partner in a large Interreg project named KARIM (www.karimnetwork.eu) for which the TUDelft part surmounts up to 400k Euro. I coordinate various actions with respect to the role of spin-out companies, Responsible Innovation within SMEs and sharing best practices concerning teaching responsible innovation in technology-based innovation and entrepreneurship courses.
- From 2010 onwards, I collaborated with Ege University, Turkey in a project on collaboration and technology transfer between local universities and SMEs in the Aegean region. In 2011 I was a visiting scholar at Ege University in Turkey.
- Since 2008, I have co-ordinated two entrepreneurship research projects. One is the entrepreneurial intention and development among TUDelft students and the other is a yearly monitor of the YES!Delft incubator tenants.
I have published in scientific and professional journals and contributed to scientific books. I was the co-author of a Best Paper Award for the IECER 2008 conference titled: "Exploring success determinants in spin-off creation: Empirical evidence from the Life Sciences in the Netherlands".
Minor on Technology-based entrepreneurship:
- Essentials of Technology based Entrepreneurship
- Case writing on a technology-based SMe
- Sustainable technology and entrepreneurship
specialization in Entrepreneurship:
- Opportunity framing for entrepreneurs
- Corporate entrepreneurship
- Learning from Silicon Valley