Outstanding student satisfaction
We outrank the sector average for student satisfaction
When you choose the University of Portsmouth you'll be joining thousands of other satisfied students who study with us.
The National Student Survey (NSS) measures student satisfaction at UK universities. The 2016 survey showed overall satisfaction is 89% at the University of Portsmouth.
That's higher than the national average for the 10th year in a row.
The NSS is an independent survey. It asks final year students in all UK universities to give feedback on factors such as the quality of their teaching, assessment and feedback, academic support, organisation and management, student voice, learning resources and personal development.
19 of our courses achieved 100% satisfaction in 2016. They were:
- BSc (Hons) Digital Media
- BSc (Hons) Television and Broadcasting
- BA (Hons) American Studies
- BA (Hons) Applied Languages
- BA (Hons) English Language
- BA (Hons) International Development Studies
- BA (Hons) Accountancy and Financial Management (Top-Up)
- BSc (Hons) Finance and Management
- BSc (Hons) Business Information Technology
- BSc (Hons) Applied Physics
- BSc (Hons) Dental Hygiene and Dental Therapy
- BSc (Hons) Palaeontology
- BSc (Hons) DipHE Operating Department Practice
- BSc (Hons) Forensic Computing
- MEng Mechanical Engineering
- Partnership Degree Programme
- BSc (Hons) Therapeutic Radiography
- BA (Hons) Human Geography
- BSc (Hons) Sports Development
Our BSc (Hons) Sport and Exercise Science course also achieved a high rating – 99% satisfaction.
Further reasons to choose us
Student satisfaction is just one of the many reasons to choose the University of Portsmouth.
If you're a new full-time undergraduate or postgraduate, you'll also get a guaranteed room in halls (when you make us your first choice and meet accommodation deadlines).
As well as this, you'll boost your career prospects – with the support of our careers service and a focus on getting students ready for the workplace, 93% of our graduates are in work or higher education.
Portsmouth is the most affordable UK city for students, according to the Student Living Index 2016. Average rent is lower than many other cities and there are many opportunities to fit in part-time work alongside your studies to top up your income.
Come and see us
Come to one of our Open Days or Open Campus Events to find out more about what it's like to live and study at the University of Portsmouth.
You can talk to current students, meet academic staff and take a look at our modern facilities on a tour of the campus.