Translation conference 2016
Translation and Interpreting: Learning beyond the comfort zone
16th Annual Portsmouth Translation Conference, 5 November 2016
Online education has become a reality - from MOOCS to online courses, the possibilities of off campus learning are growing every day. The teaching and learning digital revolution is here. The University of the future will be very different to what we are used to. This conference explored the embracing of technology and digital competencies in the context of Translation and Interpreting Studies.
Papers & Seminars
Keynote: 'Teaching Translation Tools and Technologies – Where is the Comfort Zone?'. Prof Andrew Rothwell, University of Swansea
We presented 60-minute practical translation or interpreting workshops and 20-minute research papers related to the following themes:
- Role of technology in translation and interpreting learning
- Influence and implications of digital humanities to learning
- Modes of learning (collaborative, distance, e-learning, blended learning)
- Formal versus informal learning
- On-the-job learning
- Learning transferable skills
- Lifelong learning
- Pedagogical and research approaches to learning
- Translation learning and competences
Download the programme: Translation Conference 2016 programme
Please send enquiries to email@example.com.
We are grateful to the EC for sponsorship of this conference.