University of Portsmouth Ageing Network
Opportunities for you
Members of the public
We actively encourage public involvement in research. You could help advise, steer, review, co-produce, and/or communicate about our research by joining Engage, a public involvement group for research. Alternatively, if you would just like to participate in a research study, please contact us and we can let you know which research projects are currently recruiting participants.
The School of Pharmacy is interested in involving members of the public in their teaching activities; opportunities may include: role-playing with the students; discussing your personal experiences with students in a seminar (as the ‘expert patient’); or recording a video explaining your experiences to be used as part of an online course.
Do you use or have contact with social services? The Social Work Inclusion Group (SWIG) works closely with the School of Health Sciences and Social Work in order to influence and positively contribute towards the education of student social workers.
You can sign up to our newsletter: Share in our successes, get to know about others in the network, and discover other opportunities to get involved.
Across the University we have a vast array of expertise in diverse disciplines all of which have a bearing on the ageing agenda:
- Social Care
- Human Geography
- Sports and Exercise Science
Please explore our pages on research, knowledge exchange, community outreach, and education for examples of the types of projects we do.
Please contact us to explore the following opportunities:
- Do you have an idea for an ‘ageing’ project, or are you looking for partners in a funding application to do with ageing? Please get in touch to see how we may facilitate.
- We maintain a secure database of our contacts to profile their interests, expertise, and how they wish to engage in UPAN. This facilitates targeted requests for engagement and collaboration as opportunities arise. If you would like to discuss how UPAN can work for you and to join in the network, please get in touch.
- You can sign up to our mailing list to receive our newsletter, share in our successes, learn about others in the network, and discover upcoming opportunities for collaboration.
Staff and students of the University
Contact us to find out more about the following opportunities:
- Are you looking for ideas for a student project which will really have an impact? Browse our list of project ideas, which have been generated through members of the network.
- Do you need help finding funding sources and partners for your ageing project, UPAN can help facilitate in collaboration with R&KTS and the Research Design Service.
- Join the mailing list to receive updates and collaboration requests on new opportunities.
- Join our Journal Club, to discuss hot topics in ageing and meet other people from across the University.
- Share what you’re doing in our blog, by signing up to write a feature blog.