What’s the Student and Neighbour Liaison Service?
It’s a University service to help establish and maintain good relations between students, their neighbours and the general community in Portsmouth. The Service is here to help you in two main areas:
- advising students on how to be good neighbours
- helping to resolve problems that arise between students and their neighbours
Why bother being a good neighbour?
Establishing and maintaining a good relationship with your neighbours can be beneficial to everyone. For example, neighbours will be able to give you information on the local area and advice on practical matters such as refuse collection and local amenities.
Maintaining a good relationship with your neighbours and respecting that a difference in lifestyle may exist will prevent you from becoming involved in neighbour complaints.
What can I do to be a good neighbour?
- when you first move into your property make an effort to go and introduce yourself to your neighbours
- ask your neighbours to let you know if noise levels from your house disturb them
- if they approach you regarding noise, be responsive to their requests
Student and Neighbour Liaison Service
T: 023 92843214