The central calendar publicises key University events and is designed to:
- publicise key University business events
- try to prevent clashes of key events
- make key information available quickly and easily
- help Information Systems plan their scheduled change management windows with minimal disruption to the University’s business.
The calendar includes:
- Academic Registry events (Academic Council committee meetings, term dates, semesters, key admissions dates, induction week, graduation, exams, clearing, enrolment etc).
- Finance events (payroll, end of financial year, budgetary framework, budget planning).
- Governors Board and Committee meetings.
- Planning events (e.g. HEFCE).
- Marketing events (e.g. Preview Days, Open Days, Parents’ Receptions and Public Lectures).
- IS Scheduled Maintenance Windows.
Designated representatives of these business areas have authority to add entries, although all members of staff will be able to read.
TO SET UP THE CALENDAR
From the Groupwise menu select ‘File’ and then Proxy. A Proxy panel will appear and in the name box type in UniversityKeyBusinessEvents. The setup will complete for you automatically.
TO VIEW THE CALENDAR
Click on Caching above the folder list in Groupwise, on the left hand side of the screen. Then under Proxy you will see UniversityKeyBusinessEvents. Click on this and the events calendar will display. For the best overall view click on Month rather than day or week.
For more information on particular events within the calendar please contact the responsible department.
For any general enquiries regarding the calendar itself, or if you want to suggest more events that might be added to make the calendar more useful, please contact email@example.com.