Myport: New online services for students

The LookUP website for students has had a name change. The site will now be known simply as the student website and can be found at www.port.ac.uk/students. All links to LookUP will remain the same.
The change comes as we introduce a new name in student online services for 2012.

From today, the complementary student site and replacement for the student portal – Myport – is live. Myport brings together the news, events and support services that you would normally see on the LookUP pages with the personal information from the student portal and your Google account.

Myport has been trialled during 2012 and feedback from students has been very positive. Students who participated in the trial welcomed the ability to see much more information all in one place and were pleased with the ability to sign up to see their timetables on their smart phones.

What will I see on Myport?

You can access Myport via the student website at www.port.ac.uk/students, and just need to log in with your student google username and password. Once there you can see your student email, personal google calendar, and student news and events right on the front page.

Timetables

Under the My Learning tab you can view your timetable. You can now also subscribe to iCal and have your timetable delivered to your google calendar or any other calendar system. This means you can now view timetables on your smart device (iPhone or iPad for example).

My Learning

You can access your contact details, timetable and assessment marks. You can also see your units and access your virtual learning environment – either Victory or Moodle – the site will automatically direct you.

My Support and Information

Here you will find links to all the student support services and other useful information that you might need, the same as you can find currently on the student website.

The student website will be your default page on the University network, but make sure you bookmark www.port.ac.uk/students at home, where you can access Myport, Google, Victory, Moodle and all other student services.

10 total comments on this postSubmit yours
  1. im having problems accessing my timetable, would you be abke to assist me with this?

2. im having problems accessing my timetable, would you be able to assist me with this?

3. Hi Mark, you could contact Information Services Servicedesk on 023 9284 7777 or email servicedesk@port.ac.uk.

4. Are we supposed to get our timetables already ?

5. Hi, returning students will be able to see their timetables from 10th September with all new students on 17th :-)

Dont forget to subscribe to your iCal in Myport (www.myport.ac.uk) this will enable you to sync with your google account and smart devices etc :-)

Thanks

6. Hello,

I’m unable to get onto Myport today. Can anybody help?

7. Please contact ext 7777 or email servicedesk@port.ac.uk

8. I can’t seem to understand how to access my time table and this page does not guide me in what to do so now I don’t know what time I am starting tommorow. I have spent at least two hours looking for how to log in with my port-username and -password…Can someone please advise me.
    Thanks
    Lynne

9. Everybody welcome to Portsmouth university and congratulation!

Submit your comment

Please enter your name

Your name is required

Please enter a valid email address

An email address is required

Please enter your message