This is an opportunity for you to get one-to-one mentoring from IBM, the world’s largest IT and consulting services company.
Having settled into university life, you should now be considering your future career options, understand how competitive the job market is and take steps in your first year to help you stand out from the competition. This IBM scheme is an opportunity for you to gain new skills and get ahead.
During the Mentoring Scheme you will have the opportunity to work closely with staff from IBM to:
- increase your understanding of employability
- understand the general recruitment process
- find out about key competencies employers are looking for
- learn from your mentor’s personal experience in finding a graduate career
- have the unique opportunity to visit the IBM Head Office in North Harbour Portsmouth and gain a first-hand insight into professional life
Each mentoring relationship is different and structured around your career-focused goals which are discussed and agreed with your mentor at the start of the scheme.
The scheme will require a commitment of two hours contact time with your mentor per month through face-to-face meetings and remote mentoring sessions and attendance at the Achievement Ceremony in late May.
As there are limited places for the scheme there is a selection process. You must apply via an application form by Friday 22 November 2013.
To find out more and to register, please visit: www.port.ac.uk/careersandrecruitment/jobsworkexperience/ibmmentoringscheme/.