International Day of Disabled People

Working in partnership with Portsmouth City Council, the University is pleased to be celebrating the International Day of Disabled People with an event taking place on 3 December 2013 at 1.30pm in the Menuhin Room, Central Library, Guildhall Square.

The event will include an inspirational talk from Lauren Steadman, Paralympian and University of Portsmouth student, followed by a performance of  ’Living Without Fear’ by the Blue Apple Theatre Company about disability hate crime.

This event is open to staff and students as well as members of the community. Please  book your free place at: http://iddp-event.eventbrite.co.uk.

3 total comments on this postSubmit yours
  1. Dear ones,
    Thank you for posting this article. I was very glad to read it.
    At the moment, I am looking for a support group at the University of Porstmouth for students with disabilities. Would you please be so kind as to let me know if there is one and, if yes, how I could get in touch?
    Thanking ou in advance,
    Fátima Porras

2. I believe there is such a group on Facebook. Perhaps you could go via the student union.

3. Can I suggest that you contact the Student Union, maybe talk to one of the Sabbatical Officers. There is a Disabled Student Officer and my understanding is there is a Student Society.

Submit your comment

Please enter your name

Your name is required

Please enter a valid email address

An email address is required

Please enter your message