International and EU Orientation Week

The International Office will be welcoming new overseas students from Monday 8 September 2014 until Sunday 14 September.

The Orientation programme will include:

• Check-in by International Office and information packs given
  • Welcome presentation and lunch
  • Campus tours
  • Registration and qualification checks by faculties

A full programme with more details can be found at: http://www.port.ac.uk/departments/studentsupport/international/newstudents/

If you have any queries regarding this event, please contact Senior International Student Adviser mahbuba.abdullah@port.ac.uk or telephone ext. 5116.

4 total comments on this postSubmit yours
  1. I will be travelling with a parent to Portsmouth, my parent will be accompanying me for only 1 week. My question is, will my parent be able to follow me on the orientation programme like the city tour and campus tour?

Also, I understand that 8,9&10 September are relatively the same going on’s . What will I be doing if I arrive on the 8th and what will I be doing on the 10th? I mean, are these 3 days the same activities?
    Could I get a detailed orientation programme too? Like the venue and time etc.

Thank you

• Hi Darren,

It is not compulsory to attend each day (8th, 9th and 10th) but you must attend one of those days to check in and receive your Welcome Pack. You will also have the opportunity to sign up to the social events.

It is advisable that you attend the Welcome Presentation on the Thursday and the Information Fair on the Friday.

Your parents will be able to accompany you on the city and campus walking tours only.

You will receive a detailed programme along with your Welcome Pack.

2. Hi,I have a question about the oriantation week, is that obligation to attend as an EU citizen? I should work in Hungary until the end of the next week, so I was planning with one week of preparation and arriving on the 13th. Is that a problem? Or should I recalculate everything now?

• Hi Agnes,

Arriving on the 13th will be fine. You can either come to the International Office on the 13th, we are open 10:00 – 15:00 to check in and receive your Welcome pack, or you can come on the 14th, we are open the same times.

If you have any further questions please feel free to email inteu.newstudents@port.ac.uk

Submit your comment

Please enter your name

Your name is required

Please enter a valid email address

An email address is required

Please enter your message