Strength, Conditioning and Rehabilitation Suite
We use our Strength, Conditioning and Rehabilitation Suite for activities including teaching, research, innovation and professional development. It's a multi-purpose facility, which is used by students on a number of our undergraduate and postgraduate courses in the School of Sport, Health and Exercise Science.
Outside of teaching, the facility – with it's research standard equipment such as Optojump and velocity-based training devices – is used for research projects in the areas of strength and conditioning, physical performance, and rehabilitation. The space is also used by students and staff to develop their coaching skills with from a range of users from amateurs to elite athletes.
The facility is also available to rent for external sporting organisations, with capacity for up to 25 individuals per session. For more information about booking this space, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our strength and conditioning facilities include:
- Four Olympic weightlifting platforms with racks and benches
- Free-standing squat stands
- Olympic weightlifting, powerlifting, hex-bar and training barbells
- 6 full sets of Olympic weightlifting discs, technique discs and training discs
- Dumbbells (up to 50 kg), kettlebells, medicine balls and resistance bands
- Plate loaded and resistance machines, including a leg press, smith machine, cable pulley and glute/ham bench
- Velocity-based training equipment including PUSH Bands and GymAware