The University Executive Board
The University Executive Board
- Professor Graham Galbraith, Vice-Chancellor
- Bernie Topham, Chief Operating Officer
- Professor Paul Hayes, Pro Vice-Chancellor (Education and Student Experience)
- Professor Pal Ahluwalia, Pro Vice-Chancellor (Research and Innovation)
- Chris Chang, Pro Vice-Chancellor (Global Engagement)
- Emma Woollard, Director of Finance
- Professor Gioia Pescetto, Dean of the Faculty of Business and Law
- Professor Sherria Hoskins, Dean of the Faculty of Science
- Professor Trevor Keeble, Dean of the Faculty of Creative and Culture Industries (CCI)
- Professor Matthew Weait, Dean of the Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences
- Professor Djamel Ait-Boudaoud, Dean of the Faculty of Technology
Professor Gioia Pescetto – Dean, Faculty of Business and Law
Gioia joined us in 2011 from Canterbury Christ Church University, where she was Dean of the Faculty of Business and Management. She has previously also worked in corporate banking in the City of London and during her academic career, has conducted extensive research in banking, financial markets, and corporate and behavioural finance. You can read more about Gioia's career and work You can read more about Gioia's career and work here.
Professor Sherria Hoskins – Dean, Faculty of Science
Sherria joined us in 2016 from the University of Surrey, where she was a Senior Research Fellow. A Principal Fellow of the Higher Education Academy (HEA) since 2014, Sherria's academic research has focused on social cognitive approaches to understanding learning behaviour and achievement. You can read more about Sherria's career and work here.
Professor Trevor Keeble – Dean, Faculty of Creative and Culture Industries (CCI)
Trevor joined us in May 2017 from the University for the Creative Arts, where he was Executive Dean (Learning, Teaching and Research). Across his two decades in creative arts education, Trevor has held teaching, executive and management roles in academic development, student experience, research and enterprise. You can read more about Trevor's career and work here.
Professor Matthew Weait – Dean, Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences
Matthew's academic background is in law, criminology, and socio-legal studies, and he joined us after working at Oxford, Keele, The Open University, and Birkbeck, University of London, where he was a founding member of the School of Law. One of his main research interests is how criminal laws and criminal justice enforcement practices impact HIV prevention, the lives of people living with HIV and those in 'at risk' populations. You can read more about Matthew's career and work here.
Professor Djamel Ait-Boudaoud – Dean, Faculty of Technology
Djamel joined the University in 2010 from the University of Central Lancashire, where he was head of the School of Computing, Engineering and Physical Sciences. Both a Chartered Engineer (CEng) and a fellow of the Institution of Engineering and Technology (FIET), his research interests include the problems of optimisation with applications in 3D computer vision, and video standards. You can read more about his career and work here.