How happy are our students? Our results from the 2020 National Student Survey (NSS) show how satisfied they are.
The NSS is an independent survey that measures student satisfaction. It asks final year students in all UK universities to give feedback on factors such as the quality of their teaching, assessment and feedback, academic support, organisation and management, learning resources and personal development.
Our NSS 2020 results
- 86% – our student satisfaction score – above the national average since 2006
- Top 30 – we're 28th of all universities in the UK for full-time student satisfaction in the NSS – and 2nd in the South East
15 of our courses achieved 100% satisfaction. They are:
- BA (Hons) Applied Languages
- BA (Hons) Drama and Performance
- BA (Hons) English Language and Linguistics
- BA (Hons) Financial Management For Business
- BA (Hons) Hospitality Management
- BA (Hons) Interior Architecture and Design
- BA (Hons) International Business Communication
- BEng (Hons) Engineering Geology and Geotechnics
- BSc (Hons) Biochemistry
- BSc (Hons) Building Surveying
- BSc (Hons) Forensic Psychology
- BSc (Hons) Palaeontology
- BSc Hons Property Development
- BSc (Hons) Sports Management and Development
- MEng Civil Engineering
We're also one of only four universities in the south east with the highest 'Gold' rating in the Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF).
Book your place at one of our Open Days for undergraduates, and get a feel for student life in Portsmouth.
Portsmouth is a great place to live, whatever you decide to study. Hear from recent grads about why Portsmouth is one of the best student cities in the UK.