The National Student Survey (NSS) is an independent survey that measures student satisfaction.
It asks final year students in all UK universities to give feedback on factors such as the quality of their teaching, assessment and feedback, academic support, organisation and management, learning resources and personal development.
Our NSS 2020 results
- Top 30 – we're 28th of all universities in the UK for full-time student satisfaction in the NSS
- 86% – our student satisfaction score, above the national average since 2006
Throughout my time at the University of Portsmouth, I’ve thoroughly enjoyed my studies. I’ve met some great friends and the University staff have helped me achieve everything I wanted to in my final collection.
15 of our courses achieved 100% satisfaction. They are:
- BA (Hons) Applied Languages
- BA (Hons) Drama and Performance
- BA (Hons) English Language and Linguistics
- BA (Hons) Financial Management For Business
- BA (Hons) Hospitality Management
- BA (Hons) Interior Architecture and Design
- BA (Hons) International Business Communication
- BEng (Hons) Engineering Geology and Geotechnics
- BSc (Hons) Biochemistry
- BSc (Hons) Building Surveying
- BSc (Hons) Forensic Psychology
- BSc (Hons) Palaeontology
- BSc Hons Property Development
- BSc (Hons) Sports Management and Development
- MEng Civil Engineering
We're also one of only four universities in the south east with the highest 'Gold' rating in the Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF).
My experience at the University of Portsmouth has truly been invaluable. The best thing I have encountered whilst studying BSc Physical Geography has definitely been the relationships I have developed with my lecturers. The quality of teaching has been incredible and genuinely enjoyable!
My course provided a range of modules that allowed me to tailor my degree to the things I was passionate about for a potential career. All of the staff are incredibly passionate about their field which is so encouraging.
I chose Portsmouth because I was very impressed with the facilities that they had, including the Bloomberg Suite. It was one of the things that fascinated me to study Economics here.
Last year I got to do a work placement and that was through the help of the placement office at Portsmouth. I really enjoyed my placement year and I would like to go back and pursue a career as a civil servant in the Government’s economic service.
Portsmouth is an incredibly friendly and welcoming environment, and we’ve got a lot of supportive lectures and everybody’s always willing to help you. So I would definitely encourage coming to Portsmouth for a good degree.
Studying with us is a great decision, but don't just take our word for it – read stories from our graduates about why they chose Portsmouth and how studying with us changed their lives.
QS World University Rankings 2021 gave us 5 stars for teaching, employability, internationalisation, facilities, arts and culture, and inclusiveness. See what else we've achieved.