I am a Senior Lecturer at the Institute of Criminal Justice Studies. My main research interests are Investigative Interviewing with specific focus on frontline communication in emergencies and lie detection, with my research so far focussing upon communication in the Fire and Rescue Services, and the use of Scientific Content Analysis (SCAN).
- Investigative Interviewing
- Frontline communication
- Detection of deception using SCAN
- Fraud - public sector and police
- Exploring frontline communication in the UK Fire and Rescue Services
- Interview training for fraud investigators (PEACE).
- Standard of police and public sector fraud interviews.
- Evaluation of SCAN technique to detect deception in written statements.