- Machine Learning (ML) and Data Mining (DM).
- Classification and Class Imbalance.
- Applications of DM and ML in Health Care, Cybersecurity, Digital Marketing etc.
- Evolutionary Computation and Genetic Programming
- Heuristic, Hyper-heuristics and Meta-heuristic for combinatorial optimisation problems
Dr Bader-El-Den is a senior lecturer at the school of computing, University of Portsmouth. Currently, he is the leader of the Data Science courses - BSc Data Science and Analytics and MSc Data Analytics.
Recently, Dr Bader-El-Den has been awarded a £221,875Knowledge Transfer Partnership project (KTP) with Fresh Relevance. The project is a research-focused and has an ambitious publication targets over the project duration (2.5 years). The project aims to develop pioneer machine learning methods for digital marketing and consumer behaviour analysis.