Dr Mohamed Bader-El-Den is a Reader in Data Science and Machine Learning ast the school of computing, University of Portsmouth. His is the leader of the Data Science and Analytics subject group and the leader of the MSc/BSc Data Science and Analytics courses.
Dr Bader-El-Den has more than 70 peer-reviewed publications published in world-leading journals such as IEEE Transactions on Neural Networks and Learning Systems (IF8.793). He has 9 successful PhD completions (3 as 1st supervisor).
He has experience in leading research and KTP projects e.g. a 30 months KTP project with Fresh Relevance (December 2018 to August 2021). The project is focused on the development of several machine learning methods for digital marketing, text analytics and consumer behaviour prediction which is very relevant to this project. Dr Bader-El-Den has experience in developing successful industrial partnerships e.g. his work with Seagate (a leading data storage company) on the development of novel ML algorithms for early failure prediction based on data from 2.5K+ devices; this work was nominated for the best paper award in IEEE-CEC conference (a world leading conference).
- Machine Learning (ML) and Data Mining (DM).
- Classification and Class Imbalance.
- Applications of DM and ML in Health Care, Cybersecurity, Digital Marketing etc.
- Evolutionary Computation and Genetic Programming
- Heuristic, Hyper-heuristics and Meta-heuristic for combinatorial optimisation problems