Entrepreneurs in Residence
Chief Executive Officer and Founder of Music Fusion
I see this residency as an opportunity to explore exciting new connections between the University, business and positive social action.
Music Fusion is a charity based in Havant that provides music making activities to young people who might not otherwise have the opportunity, and bridges the gap between these young people and their community. The charity has delivered music projects to over 35,000 young people who have experienced challenging life circumstances, building their confidence, self-esteem and communication skills.
Jinx also organised Portsmouth's DVMISSION from 2006 until 2016, an annual, non-for-profit and independent film festival. What makes this festival different is that all the films screened during the festival are made in just 48 hours.
Jinx's work has been recognised in the following awards:
- The Seif Award 2012 where he was recognised as the individual to have best collaborated with business to benefit the local community
- The Inspiring Social Action in Young People Award 2013 where Music Fusion received the award during the Business in Community Awards at the Royal Albert Hall - 2 rappers from the charity also performed at the event
Jinx is passionate about making a difference and his experience gives great insight into what it's like to be a social entrepreneur.
Jinx Prowse can offer particular expertise in:
- How to be a responsible business and corporate social responsibility
- Setting up and running a non-for-profit organisation
- Accessing and engaging with the youth sector
Do you know someone who would make an excellent Entrepreneur in Residence?
If you know an entrepreneur or business executive who could inspire our staff, students and alumni, nominate them to become an Entrepreneur in Residence by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you'd like to find out more about the programme, please get in touch.