Small Business Leadership Programme
Running a business at the moment is tough. Our free government supported programme will help you build your business resilience, productivity and growth. Over 8 weeks you’ll develop the skills you need to steer your business through the pandemic and come out stronger.
- employee engagement
- operational efficiency
- sustainable practices
On top of this you’ll extend your business network by working alongside other business leaders taking part in the programme.
This programme is designed to be manageable alongside your full-time job. It takes place entirely online and runs over 8 weeks.
Each week you will:
- take part in a 2-hour webinar
- take part in a 30 minute peer group session
- do 2 hours of independent study
You’ll work with business experts from the University of Portsmouth Business School, plus a range of facilitators from other real businesses.
- You must be in a senior management role (a decision maker and/or member of the senior management team), with at least one direct report
- The business you work in must have been operating for at least 1 year
- The business you work in must be in the south of England
- Your business must have between 5 and 249 employees
This Small Business Leadership Programme is being delivered by a consortium of business schools across the UK. If you aren’t based in the south of England you’ll be able to access this course through another business school. Learn more about the programme on the Small Business Charter website.
The programme is accredited by the Small Business Charter (SBC), and supported by the Department for Business, Energy & Industrial Strategy.
Up to 2 people from the same company can attend the programme, as long as they are senior leaders. Please note that places are limited. Because of the high demand for places you must be able to commit to attend all sessions.
How to apply or find out more
We’ll be running more of this training soon. If you’d like to take part, or if you just have a question about it, please get in touch with our team.