Confidential support and advice
Learn more about the help available from the Student Wellbeing Service.
As a student at the University of Portsmouth, we want you to fulfil your potential and have a life-changing student experience. University life brings many changes and challenges.
The Student Wellbeing Service is the hub for advice and support for your emotional wellbeing and mental health. You can get free, confidential help for a wide range of personal, emotional and mental health concerns. Or check out our recommended wellbeing resources or course, workshop and events programme.
Contact the Student Wellbeing Service
Access support and guidance from our friendly team of wellbeing advisers, counsellors and mental health advisers:
- +44 (0)23 9284 3466
- The Bateson Centre, The Mary Rose St, Portsmouth, PO1 2BL
Worried about a student? Whether you're a friend, University staff, family member or medical professional you can raise a concern with our Student Wellbeing Service.
Get support - speak with a friendly Wellbeing Practitioner
Come in for an in-person appointment, or you can request a video or phone meeting if you prefer. If meeting by Zoom or phone, make sure you have a private space where you can speak confidentially.
We offer brief meetings of about 20 minutes, available daily. They are bookable on the day by telephone on +44 (0)23 9284 3466, on a first-come-first-served basis. Let the administrator know if you are in need of urgent crisis support, as it may be more appropriate to contact emergency services.
To register for one-to-one help from the University's Student Wellbeing Service:
- Provide your name, student ID, contact details and preferences, and availability in the short registration form below.
- We will then send you a secure email link to a confidential online Wellbeing First Steps form. This allows you to tell us a bit more about yourself and about the issues worrying you, so you don't have to wait until we can offer you a full appointment.
- The questions on the form help you think things through, and the process of filling it in is designed to be helpful in itself.
- You will hear back from us the next working day after you submit the First Steps.
Terms of service for using the Student Wellbeing Service
By registering with the Student Wellbeing Service, you agree to our terms and conditions. Please read our privacy and consent information which explains our confidentiality system and how your information is kept secure.