Your first week
For international students
Your first week with us is your first opportunity to discover the city, and to get used to life in Portsmouth. Here's a brief snapshot of what you can expect, what you need to do, and what you might like to explore.
Orientation Welcome Day
The International and EU Orientation Welcome Day for students joining us in January will take place on Wednesday 23 January 2019. You'll also be able to join a selection of welcome events, including campus and city tours, from Thursday 24 January to Saturday 26 January.
Generally, you'll be able to:
- Meet the UoP Global support staff and collect your Welcome Pack
- Attend an information fair to meet staff from Careers and Employability, Sport and Recreation, the Students' Union and more.
- Register for your course and get your ID checked
- Collect your Student Card
- Pay your tuition fees if you haven't already
- Get a bank letter to help you get a bank account
- Book an appointment to register with the police
- Book a selection of tours, sports and social events
You'll also be able to join a series of sports sessions every evening, including football, basketball and volleyball.
You should really try to avoid late arrival as this will negatively affect your studies. Your term start date and the last date for registration is included in your offer letter.
If you can't avoid arriving later, you'll need to fill in the late registration form. If you'll be staying in university accommodation, you'll also need to contact the Student Housing team to let them know you'll be arriving later.