Forensic Interviewing Conference 2019: Vulnerability, Justice and Communication
A conference hosted by the Centre of Forensic Interviewing (Professor Becky Milne). Field leaders including researchers and practitioners joined together to discuss evidence-based approaches regarding current topics surrounding the communication process and vulnerability.
Thursday 16 and Friday 17 May 2019
- Defining Vulnerability
- Critical Incidents
- Special Measures
The conference aimed at looking at the best ways to communicate with those deemed vulnerable across the criminal justice sector and identify best practice.
- Professor Penny Cooper (Institute for Criminal Policy Research, Birkbeck, University of London and 39 Essex Chambers, London) chairing a session on Defining Vulnerability
- Dr Michelle Mattison (University of Chester) chairing a session on Assessment and Communication
- Dr Kevin Smith (National Vulnerable Witness Advisor NCA) chairing a session on Managing Trauma
- Mr Piers Von Berg (University of Plymouth) chairing a session on Safeguarding and Suspects
- Professor Graham Davies (University of Leicester) presenting a Keynote paper on Vulnerable witnesses in court: Past, present and uncertain future
- Dr Patrick Tidmarsh (Sexual Offence and Child Abuse Team, Family Violence Command, Victoria Police, Australia) The ‘Whole Story’ approach to investigating sexual crime
For further information, please contact Sarah Bayliss (firstname.lastname@example.org)