CANCELLED CHWeekUoP21 Houses Through Time History and Heritage in the Media
Unfortunately Professory Sugg-Ryan can no longer attend and we have had to cancel this event. We apologise for any inconvenience caused.
There are other events you can join during the first UoP Culture and Heritage Week, 20-24th September 2021.
Supported by the Democratic Citizenship Theme of the University of Portsmouth and all the stakeholders of its Culture and Heritage Hub, the first UoP Culture and Heritage Week will take place on 20-24th September 2021 and resonate with the UK Heritage Open Days 2021.
Our #CHWeekUoP21 will bring to life amazing scholarship for the people of Portsmouth, a Port city with a unique culture and heritage. In a civic partnership for a meaningful society, together we want to enrich the community through preservation, conservation, interpretation, and education to understand our present and build a common future.
“Whilst Culture and Heritage are at the heart of a modern democratic society, we aim to celebrate the world class research conducted by UoP Scholars in partnership with local, national and global actors.” -- Prof. Leïla Choukroune DC Theme Director
Houses Through Time: History and Heritage in the Media
Join Professor of Design History and Theory, Deborah Sugg-Ryan, in conversation with Dr Mike Esbester (Cultural Historian of safety, risk and accident prevention) discuss the hit BBC series A House Through Time . Professor Sugg-Ryan and Dr Esbester will discuss the research behind the series and the cultural history of the home. The pair will also share tips and tricks on how find out the history of your own house through time !
Date: Thursday | 23 September 2021
Time: 10:00am - 11:00am
(Full joining instructions and the webinar link will be sent to you by email near the time.)
- Join the event in a quiet space wherever possible - this will help reduce background noise.
- Make sure you’re on time. You might not disrupt the presentation by logging in late, but you could miss important information.
- Please use the Chat section to post your questions during the Q&A session.
- Your mic will be muted upon entry. Please keep your mic on mute throughout the event unless you’re speaking.
- The event will be video recorded. Unless you are a panelist, please turn off your webcam/video at all times to avoid appearing on other people’s screens and on the recording.