BSc (Hons) Water Sports Science, 2006
Matt possesses over 26 years of customer service experience, and 17 within a Management role.
He has led teams of up to 30 staff, Retail, Facility & Events Management experience as well as having operated a PADI 5 Star Instructor Development Course Centre, a country park, leisure centres & delivered award-winning sporting events to an international level (IAAF & UIPM London Grands Prix 2009).
Matt is also a professional Scuba Diving Instructor, who has taught to Staff Instructor status and whilst at university, lectured at Further Education & Undergraduate levels.
He currently works as a Student Engagement Officer (Team Supervisor) for the University of Sunderland in London, inspired by his two years as a Resident Assistant at UoP. Matt also is a certified Member of The Institute of Leadership and Management and has been mentoring since 2000.
Top career tips:
- Never give up on your dreams. Always work towards them. It took me 12 years to get into my current work sector.
- Seize and maximise on every possibility. Think, ‘how can I use this to enhance myself?’
- Treat both your CV and LinkedIn profile as dynamic documents. Keep them regularly updated with skills and experiences.
- Keep a record of recent examples that you can use in job applications and interviews to illustrate teamwork, working on your own initiative, how you overcame a problem, etc.
- Get involved in volunteering. It gives you new skills / experiences, looks great on your CV and gives a ‘feel good factor’ to give back to the community.