SIGHT: Immersive XR Technologies (online event)
This online webinar will cover an introduction to Immersive XR technologies - and, through the use of case studies, show how this can help businesses.
The hosts will also give a preview into the facilities that are currently being built at the University of Portsmouth, where they will open the £5.2M Centre of Creative and Immersive XR (CCIXR) which is supported by Solent LEP in October 2021.
CCIXR is designed with R&D and business support in mind, and aims to lower the barriers to entry - enabling businesses to understand how immersive XR can help their business, and to be able to access world-leading facilities.
This workshop will be led by Pippa Bostock, Business and Development Project Manager at the University of Portsmouth.
Please note that this event will be delivered as an online session. Please register to receive details on how to join and the joining instructions will be sent to you by email.
Please observe the following etiquette during the online event
- Join the event in a quiet space wherever possible - this will help reduce background noise.
- Make sure you’re on time. You might not disrupt the presentation by logging in late, but you could miss important information.
- Turn off your webcam and mute your microphone during the presentation, unless you’re speaking. You may appear on other people’s screens without you realising. If you do not wish to appear on other people's screens during the event, please keep your webcam/video turned off at all times.
- Wait your turn to ask questions - you may need to rely on hand-raising icons or post questions in chats.
- Ask questions concisely to save time, and only post comments if you think they’ll be helpful to others.