Fraud and accounting experts from around the world will be coming to the University of Portsmouth this week for the 9th annual Counter Fraud and Forensic Accounting Conference.
The event takes place on Wednesday 5 and Thursday 6 in the University’s Portland Building.
Practitioners, academics and researchers will discuss and hear talks on a wide range of topics such as cyber fraud, international fraud and corruption, fraud prevention, forensic accounting, technology and countering fraud, psychology and fraud.
Presentations are to be given by a number of leading experts in their field including –
- Jim Gee, Partner and National Head of Forensic Services, Crowe UK LLP and Visiting Professor and Chair of the Centre for Counter Fraud Studies at University of Portsmouth.
- Professor Mike Levi, Cardiff University.
- Professor Martin Gill, Director, Outstanding Security Performance Awards (OSPAs).
- Professor Kelly Richmond Pope, DePaul University in Chicago.
- Jonathan Gilbert, Post Graduate Research Student School of Social Sciences, Cardiff University.
- Peter Tickner, Director, Peter Tickner Associates Limited.
- Martina Dove, Freelance Fraud Consultant.
- Dr Bina Bhardwa, Research Fellow at the Institute for Criminal Policy Research (ICPR), Birkbeck, University of London and Tiggey May, also from the ICPR.
Professor Lisa Jack from the Faculty of Business and Law and on the organising committee said: “We are delighted that we once again have such a strong line-up for the conference. The University of Portsmouth is uniquely placed to run this conference. The Centre for Counter Fraud studies is the only one of its type in Europe and we have one of the few programmes in forensic accounting in Europe. Professor Mark Button of the School of Criminology and Criminal Justice started the conference in 2011 and it has gone from strength to strength.”
While the conference is free for current University of Portsmouth students only, there remains a small charge for non-students attending.
To book your place, please go to http://www2.port.ac.uk/centre-for-counter-fraud-studies/conference/