REF2021 Code of Practice
Our Code of Practice for the Research Excellence Framework 2021 (REF 2021)
All institutions are required to develop a Code of Practice for REF 2021, setting out their approach to the identification of staff and selection of outputs for submission to this exercise.
This code outlines the University of Portsmouth’s policies and processes for:
- identifying staff with significant responsibility for research
- assessing research independence
- selecting outputs for REF 2021
- supporting staff with personal circumstances
- informing staff of the appeals process
The policies and processes set out in this Code have been developed through consultation with staff at all levels across the University and with staff representative groups – including University and College Union (UCU) representatives, who have given their agreement to this Code of Practice.