Marketing with Psychology BA (Hons)
BA Hons Marketing with Psychology
Sorry, applications for this course are currently suspended. We're not updating the course information on this page – it's for reference only.
Effective marketing is built on insights into the minds of your audience. If you’re looking to get ahead in the marketing world, a grounding in psychology can be a huge advantage.
On this BA (Hons) Marketing with Psychology degree course, you'll study the inner workings of the mind and how this relates to human behaviour. All while developing a detailed understanding of marketing theory and practice.
After the course, you'll be set for a career in areas such as product management, marketing research, advertising, public relations, sales and web marketing.
What you'll experience
On this course you'll:
- Take an in-depth look at the workings of the human mind including areas such as personality, social behaviour, interaction and communication and cognitive processes
- Get an understanding of consumer behaviour and use these insights to create engaging marketing strategies
- Learn from experienced marketeers who have worked across many business sectors
- Study applied aspects of psychology, such as occupational psychology
- Tailor your studies by choosing units that match your career aspirations, strengths and interests
You can also:
- Get additional certifications and the chance to achieve a recognised industry professional qualification alongside your degree
- Study for a year at a partner university in the USA, Canada, Australia, Europe or the Far East
Work experience and career planning
To give you the best chance of securing a great job when you graduate, our Careers and Employability service can help you find relevant work experience during your course.
We can help you identify placements, internships, voluntary roles and freelancing opportunities that will complement your studies and boost your CV.
After your second year, you can do an optional work placement year to get valuable longer-term work experience in the industry. This will set you apart from other graduates after the course.
Recent students have taken placements at Cummins Generator Technologies and BMW.
Interested in running your own business on your placement year instead? You can start up and run your own company for a year as an alternative to a work-based placement. You'll work alone or with fellow students to build and launch a successful venture.
We’ll help you secure a work placement that fits your aspirations. You’ll get mentoring and support throughout the year.
Careers and opportunities
The skills that you learn on this course will make you a great fit for work in many related areas, including:
- product management
- marketing research
- public relations
- web marketing
Roles our graduates have taken on include:
- events manager
- marketing campaigns officer
- business development manager
- market researcher
- press officer
- online marketing executive
Other graduates have continued their studies at postgraduate level or set up successful businesses with help and support from the University.
When you finish the course, our Careers and Employability service can help you find a job that puts your skills to work in the industry. You can also get help, advice and support for up to 5 years after you leave the University as you advance in your career.
This course is also accredited by EPAS, a scheme operated by the European Foundation for Management Development (EFMD). This network promotes excellence in management development and means you’ll be studying a course recognised for its high-quality student experience.
How to book
Sorry, this course is currently closed to new applicants.