Business and Systems Management BSc (Hons)
BSc Hons Business and Systems Management
Sorry, this course has closed to new applicants. We're not updating the course information on this page – it's for reference only.
Do you want to nurture your natural tech talent to become a systems specialist playing a critical role at the heart of major companies?
On this BSc (Hons) Business and Systems Management degree course, you’ll learn the skills and know-how to deploy the latest technology across organisations to improve everything from general IT systems to cyber security.
The course leads you to a varied career as a business professional with highly sought after technical skills in ICT.
What you'll experience
On this degree course, you'll:
- Fuse an understanding of business with the practical skills you'll need for a career in systems management
- Master subjects including customer relationship management (CRM), enterprise systems (ERP), M-commerce, cyber security, the Cloud and software as a service (SaaS)
- Be taught by experts who are actively engaged in the latest research
- Get specialist knowledge of business management, accounting and data analysis, coupled with ICT tools and techniques
- Learn skills for systems management across the public or private sector for both small and large organisations
- Take advantage of our links with leading software providers, such as SAP, and use their products to support your learning
- Learn from regular guest speakers who lecture on their specific topics from organisations such as the BBC, Sopra Steria and SAP
You can also:
- Get industry experience with a year-long supervised work placement
- Study at one of our many partner universities in locations such as Canada, Japan and Europe
- Learn a foreign language through the University Wide Languages Programme (UWLP)
Work experience and career planning
To give you the best chance of securing a great job when you graduate, our Careers and Employability service can help you find relevant work experience during your course.
We can help you identify placements, internships, voluntary roles and freelancing opportunities that will complement your studies.
After your second year, you can take a paid placement year to get valuable longer-term work experience in the industry. Previous students have worked in organisations such as SAP UK and the Oracle Corporation.
We’ll help you secure a placement that fits your workplace ambitions. You’ll get mentoring and support to get the most out of the year.
Careers and opportunities
This degree can lead to a range of careers, particularly in multinational organisations. Previous graduates have gone on to secure roles in areas such as:
- social media and digital marketing
- systems development
- data management
- general management
- information system (IS) management
- procurement and supply chain management
- Cloud computing
- information security and risk management
Our Careers and Employability service can help you find a job that puts your skills to work in the industry when you finish the course. You can get help, advice and support for up to 5 years after you leave the University.
Sorry, this course has closed to new applicants.