Certificate in Prevention of Bribery and Corruption Short course
Certificate in Prevention of Bribery & Corruption
Corruption and bribery undermine the workings of a fair society, negatively impacting economic development, the rule of law, and market competition.
Many countries, including the UK and US, have adopted new measures to try and better combat these crimes. These new systems require additional understanding, from the investigators that enforce them, and also the businesses that might run afoul of them.
This course will teach you the legal aspects of corporate corruption and bribery, so you can identify and analyse it where it occurs, and develop strategies and tools to prevent it.
What you learn on this course prepares you for work or further study in this area. Completing the course will support application to further related courses, and provides 20 credits towards a specific parallel course, our Certificate in IP crime.
Therefore, it's an ideal next step to progression in careers in law enforcement, compliance, regulation and business.
- Mode of study: Distance learning
- Two modules: Bribery, corruption and study skills, and Preventing bribery and corruption
- Credits: 40 Level 4
- Duration: 20 weeks
- Start and end dates:
- 13 September 2021 – 28 January 2022
- 17 January 2022 – 7 June 2022
The course will subsequently be run twice every year starting in January and September.
If you already hold the Certificate in Intellectual Property Crime, you can make a Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) claim to exempt you from the first academic skills-based module. You'll then gain a 50% fee reduction for this course.
What you'll experience
On this short course you'll:
- Gain an understanding of corporate corruption and bribery
- Analyse real corporate corruption and bribery cases, to better understand and develop preventative tools and strategies
- Be taught by experts from the Centre for Counter Fraud Studies
- Develop additional transferable skills, such as writing and analysis
How you're assessed
You'll be assessed through:
- An essay
- A report
You'll have access to:
- Moodle, our online learning platform
- Online support for distance learning
Teaching is delivered online, via Moodle. Available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, Moodle is our virtual learning environment, where we host learning materials and activities.
Access to this course is open to all individuals subject to the approval of the course leader. The course is delivered in English, so applicants are expected to be proficient in English to IELTS band 6.0, with no component score below 6.0.
Book your place
Browse our other CPD and short courses:
- Certificate in Intellectual Property Crime and Illicit Trade (CIPCIT)
- Portsmouth Child Death Immersion Programme
- Missing Persons
- Working with Victims of Crime
Browse all of our CPD and short courses in Criminal Justice Studies.
Get in touch
Find out more about this course by contacting us below.