Construction Law in 2018 Short course
Construction Law in 2018
If you're a construction professional, keeping up-to-date with the latest developments in design, procurement and project execution is vital – and can help make your future projects more successful, and minimise the risk exposure of the professionals involved.
On this Construction Law in 2018 short course, you'll get a detailed update on developments in the law relating to construction projects and disputes. With a focus on adopting a proactive approach to risk management, you'll be taught by a leading national expert, a current Member of Council and former Chairman of the Society of Construction Law.
This course is ideal if you're a surveyor that's involved in development, but is also perfect for any construction professional, including architects and civil engineers.
- Mode of study: Face to face
- Location: The Potters Heron Hotel nr Romsey SO51 9ZF
- Start and end dates: email firstname.lastname@example.org to register your interest for future courses
- Single booking: £105
- Multirate (3 or more courses booked at same time): £90
- APC rate: £70
- Apprenticeship rate: £70
- Retired rate: £70
What you'll experience
On this short course you'll cover:
- public procurement and challenges to tender processes
- developments in construction contract law
- liability of professionals and contractors
- dispute resolution round-up: arbitration, adjudication, alternative methods of dispute resolution
You'll be taught by Anthony Lavers, who has pursued a career in higher education and legal practice maintaining a constant connection with surveying and the RICS.
He has worked at Portsmouth, Singapore, Cambridge and Oxford Brookes universities, and is now counsel at the international law firm White and Case.
He is a leading expert in his field and regular CPD speaker in the UK and overseas.
There are no entry requirements for this course.
This event is relevant to those with safeguarding responsibilities and open to professionals from various industries including dentistry.
How to book
This course has already been delivered.
To register your interest for future courses, please email email@example.com