Construction Law in 2018 Short course
Construction Law in 2018
If you're a construction professional, keeping up-to-date with the latest developments in design, procurement and project execution is vital – and can help make your future projects more successful, and minimise the risk exposure of the professionals involved.
On this Construction Law in 2018 short course, you'll get a detailed update on developments in the law relating to construction projects and disputes. With a focus on adopting a proactive approach to risk management, you'll be taught by a leading national expert, a current Member of Council and former Chairman of the Society of Construction Law.
This course is ideal if you're a surveyor that's involved in development, but is also perfect for any construction professional, including architects and civil engineers.
- Mode of study: Face to face
- Location: The Potters Heron Hotel nr Romsey SO51 9ZF
- Start and end dates: email email@example.com to register your interest for future courses
- Single booking: £105
- Multirate (3 or more courses booked at same time): £90
- APC rate: £70
- Apprenticeship rate: £70
- Retired rate: £70
What you'll experience
On this short course you'll cover:
- public procurement and challenges to tender processes
- developments in construction contract law
- liability of professionals and contractors
- dispute resolution round-up: arbitration, adjudication, alternative methods of dispute resolution
You'll be taught by Anthony Lavers, who has pursued a career in higher education and legal practice maintaining a constant connection with surveying and the RICS.
He has worked at Portsmouth, Singapore, Cambridge and Oxford Brookes universities, and is now counsel at the international law firm White and Case.
He is a leading expert in his field and regular CPD speaker in the UK and overseas.
There are no entry requirements for this course.
How to book
This course has already been delivered.
To register your interest for future courses, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
You may also be interested in the following courses:
The following courses are eligible for the multirate discount when you book three or more courses at the same time:
- The CDM Regulations: An update
- Professional Liability
- Construction Law in 2018
- Leasehold Enfranchisement (leases and freeholds) - how to get it right
- Construction and Property Taxation
- Understanding the effects of Dampness and Decay in Buildings
- Accounting for Non Accountants
- Accounting - Valuation Issues
- Understanding Current Practice in Building Services
- Professional Ethics
- Waterproofing Below Ground Structures and Existing Basements
- Business Improvements for Organisations
- Party Walls, Health and Safety and other Legislation
- Looking for Asbestos
- Health and Safety - Managing the Changing Workplace
- Statistics for Non-Statisticians
- Construction Project Management
- Thermal Imaging Building Surveys
- The Planning System in 2019
- Housing Issues: Supply and Affordability
- Building Defects and Surveys
- Understanding Trees, Property and Liability
- Fort Nelson
- London King's Cross Revisited
- Apprenticeship CPD day