Clinical Skills Refresher Programme - Local Anaesthetic Refresher and Anxiety Management
It's impossible to provide effective dental care without the use of local anaesthetics. On this CPD course, you'll refresh your knowledge and skills in local anaesthesia for dentistry, and cover both infiltration and inferior dental nerve block techniques.
Part of our five module Clinical Skills Refresher Programme, this course is for dental hygienists and therapists, and suitable for those returning to clinical practice after a career break. You can attend as many of the courses as you like, or if you book to attend all 5 dates you'll receive a discount of 10% off the total price.
Other modules in the Clinical Skills Refresher Programme:
- Management of Periodontal Patient
- Hands-on Direct Restorations
- Modern Management of Advanced Caries in Children
- Prescribing Radiographs for Dental Hygienists and Dental Therapists
This course is not suitable for those who have been trained in infiltration and seeking ID block certification.
- Mode of study: Direct
- Duration: 6 hours, 9.00am - 4.45pm
- Location: Dental Academy, William Beatty Building, Hampshire Terrace, Portsmouth, PO1 2QG
- Start and end dates: 10 January 2019
What you'll experience
On this short course you'll:
- consider head and neck anatomy of relevance to intra-oral anaesthesia in dentistry
- discuss pain neurophysiology and the delivery of local anaesthetics
- explore simple behavioural strategies for managing dental anxiety
- get a practical session in infiltration and inferior dental nerve block techniques
- get top tips for giving a painless and successful dental injection
- Development Outcomes: A, C, D
You'll be taught by:
- Claire Chambers, Dentist and Clinical Teaching Fellow at the University of Portsmouth Dental Academy
- Debbie Withers, DCP Teaching Fellow at the University of Portsmouth Dental Academy
This course is for dental hygienists and therapists.