Clinical Skills Refresher Programme - Modern Management of Advanced Caries in Children
Most of us will be faced with a child with huge carious lesions in their primary molars during our careers. This hands-on CPD course supports primary care practitioners in effectively managing caries in the paediatric dentition using a Hall preformed metal crown. You'll also get training in the techniques for undertaking primary pulp therapy.
Part of our five module Clinical Skills Refresher Programme, this course is for dental professionals, and suitable for those returning to clinical practice after a career break. You can attend as many of the courses as you like, or if you book to attend all 5 dates you'll receive a discount of 10% off the total price.
Other modules in the Clinical Skills Refresher Programme:
- Management of Periodontal Patient
- Hands-on Direct Restorations
- Local Anaesthetic Refresher and Anxiety Management
- Prescribing Radiographs for Dental Hygienists and Dental Therapists
- Mode of study: Direct
- Duration: 6 hours, 9.00am - 4.45pm
- Location: Dental Academy, William Beatty Building, Hampshire Terrace, Portsmouth, PO1 2QG
- Start and end dates: 14 June 2019
What you'll experience
On this short course you'll cover:
- the evidence underpinning the management of grossly carious primary molars
- hands-on training in the techniques for undertaking primary pulp therapy
- hands-on training in the techniques for providing extra-coronal restorations to primary molars
- Development Outcomes: A, C
This course is for dental professionals.