Dental Radiography and Radiation Protection Update Short course
Dental Radiography and Radiation Protection Update
This course has already been delivered.
To register you interest for future courses, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
If it relates to their field of practice, the GDC recommend that dental professionals do at least 5 hours of radiography and radiation protection in every CPD cycle.
Attending this course will contribute towards Ionising Radiation (Medical Exposure) Regulations (IR(ME)R) operators’ and practitioners’ life-long learning, and the hours requirement of verifiable CPD.
- Mode of study: Face to face
- Duration: , ( - )
- Location: Dental Academy, William Beatty Building, Hampshire Terrace, Portsmouth, PO1 2QG
- Start and end dates:
What you'll experience
On this short course you'll cover:
- the principles of medical radiation physics
- the health and biological effects of ionising radiation
- radiation protection and the factors affecting radiation doses in dental radiography
- the requirements of IR(ME)R
- what is required for a comprehensive quality assurance programme for X-ray equipment
- Development Outcomes: B, C, D
You'll be taught by Shelley Blane, Senior Lecturer, School of Health Sciences and Social Work at the University of Portsmouth.
There are no entry requirements for this course.