Exercise Referral Short course
If you're a Level 2 fitness instructor or personal trainer with the desire to help others, this course will enable you to work with people with medical conditions who have been referred for exercise by their health care professional.
This short course is intensive and takes place over a week – with 1 day in the classroom and the other 4 in the gym, applying your knowledge, practising your new skills and being assessed.
Endorsed by PD:Approval and recognised by the Register of Exercise Professional (REPS), you'll get a Level 3 Exercise Referral Instructor qualification once you complete this course.
- Mode of study: Direct contact
- Duration: 5 days
- Start and end dates: 9 September 2019 - 13 September 2019
What you'll experience
On this short course you'll cover topics such as:
- Anatomy and physiology for exercise and health
- Applying the principles of nutrition as part of a personal training programme
- Exercise for referred medical conditions; metabolic, cardiovascular, respiratory, musculoskeletal and mental health
- Planning exercise referral programmes with patients
- Instructing exercise with referred patients
How you're assessed
You'll be assessed through:
- multiple choice exams
- a case study
- practical assessment
Everything you'll need to attend and complete this course is provided.
This course is delivered intensively over the course of a week – with 4 days in the classroom and 1 day practising skills in the University gym.
You'll need a Level 2 Fitness Instructor qualification to be eligible for this course.