General Dental Council (GDC) Recommended Topics Short course
General Dental Council (GDC) Recommended Topics
This course is designed to cover a number of GDC recommended topics, including:
- Medical emergencies
- Disinfection and decontamination
- Radiography and radiation protection
- Legal and ethical issues
- Oral cancer detection
- Safeguarding children, young people and vulnerable adults
Attending this course will contribute towards the hours requirement of verifiable CPD.
- Mode of study: Face to face
- Duration: 6 hours, (9.00am - 4.45pm)
- Location: Dental Academy, William Beatty Building, Hampshire Terrace, Portsmouth, PO1 2QG
- Start and end dates: Friday 14 February 2020
What you'll experience
On this short course you'll learn:
- How to recognise and treat patient collapse effectively and safely.
- How to recognise risks associated with dental practice acquired infection and carry out high quality infection control.
- How to outline general points of UK legislation and guidance governing the use of ionising radiation in dentistry.
- How to manage risks related to dental law and ethics.
- How to develop a robust screening procedure and detect oral cancer early.
- How to identify when a person may be at risk of harm and use referral pathways appropriately.
- GDC Development Outcomes – A, C, D
You'll be taught by:
- Jayanth Kunjur, Consultant Maxillofacial Surgeon, Salisbury NHS Foundation Trust
- Robert Seath, Dentist and Clinical Director at the University of Portsmouth Dental Academy
- Sue Hadley, DCP Teaching Fellow at the University of Portsmouth Dental Academy
- Jane Cuthbert, DCP Teaching Fellow at the University of Portsmouth Dental Academy
There are no entry requirements for this course.
How to book
Get in touch
Find out more about this course by contacting us below.