General Dental Council (GDC) Recommended Topics Short course
General Dental Council (GDC) Recommended Topics
This course is designed to cover a number of GDC recommended topics, including:
- Medical emergencies
- Disinfection and decontamination
- Radiography and radiation protection
- Legal and ethical issues
- Oral cancer detection
- Safeguarding children, young people and vulnerable adults
Attending this course will contribute towards the hours requirement of verifiable CPD.
- Mode of study: Face to face
- Duration: 6 hours, (9.00am - 4.45pm)
- Location: Dental Academy, William Beatty Building, Hampshire Terrace, Portsmouth, PO1 2QG
- Start and end dates: Friday 14 February 2020
What you'll experience
On this short course you'll learn:
- How to recognise and treat patient collapse effectively and safely.
- How to recognise risks associated with dental practice acquired infection and carry out high quality infection control.
- How to outline general points of UK legislation and guidance governing the use of ionising radiation in dentistry.
- How to manage risks related to dental law and ethics.
- How to develop a robust screening procedure and detect oral cancer early.
- How to identify when a person may be at risk of harm and use referral pathways appropriately.
- GDC Development Outcomes – A, C, D
You'll be taught by:
- Jayanth Kunjur, Consultant Maxillofacial Surgeon, Salisbury NHS Foundation Trust
- Robert Seath, Dentist and Clinical Director at the University of Portsmouth Dental Academy
- Sue Hadley, DCP Teaching Fellow at the University of Portsmouth Dental Academy
- Jane Cuthbert, DCP Teaching Fellow at the University of Portsmouth Dental Academy
There are no entry requirements for this course.