Hands On Minor Oral Surgery For the GDP Short course
Hands On Minor Oral Surgery For the GDP
In order to achieve good clinical outcomes for their patients, practitioners must keep their skills and knowledge up-to-date, through regular activities that maintain and develop competence.
This Minor Oral Surgery (MOS) course is for GDPs wanting to refresh these oral surgery skills. You'll focus on removal of fractured teeth, roots and wisdom teeth in a simulated environment in the Dental Academy.
This will enable you to undertake safe and predictable MOS in general practice.
- Mode of study: Direct
- Duration: 6 hours, 9.00am - 4.45pm
- Location: Dental Academy, William Beatty Building, Hampshire Terrace, Portsmouth, PO1 2QG
- Start and end dates: 3 May 2019
What you'll experience
On this short course you'll cover:
- patient assessment prior to tooth removal
- the equipment, instruments and materials for MOS
- training in effective local anaesthesia techniques for MOS
- typical flap design in MOS, root sectioning, bone removal and basic suturing techniques in a simulated environment
- the management of complications during and after MOS procedures
- Development Outcomes: C
You'll be taught by Latha Davda, Dentist & Clinical Director, at the University of Portsmouth Dental Academy.