Health and Safety Management: An Update Short course
Health and Safety Management: An Update
It is essential for anyone with a role in managing health and safety in the workplace to understand and appreciate how developments in policy and legislation might affect their work.
On this course, you'll get an update on recent changes to health and safety law, current health and safety priorities and a refresher on key principles and practices.
You'll also get an opportunity to consider best practice by reviewing relevant case studies.
- Mode of study: Face to face
- Duration: 3 hours and 20 minutes
- Start and end dates: 27 November 2019, 9.20am to 12.40pm
- Location: Potters Heron Hotel, near Romsey SO51 9ZF
- Single bookings: £105
- Multirate (3 or more courses booked at same time): £90
- APC rate: £70
- Apprenticeship rate: £70
- Retired rate: £70
What you'll experience
On this short course you'll cover:
- key health and safety legislation
- roles and responsibilities (employers and employees)
- hazards (safety and health)
- risk assessment
- accident investigation
You'll be taught by Alastair Barrett, who trained as a surveyor before entering the world of health and safety.
He is now a Chartered Member of the Institute of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH), a certified member of the Association of Project Safety (APS) and on the Government’s Register of Consultants.
Alistair works all over the UK, with organisations of all sizes and across sectors including health care, education and retail.
There are no entry requirements for this course.
How to book
To receive the course multi-discount rate, please ensure you select the multi-discount option when you pay. See the courses available for multi-discount below.
To book onto and pay for this course online, please visit our online store.
Pay by invoice
Please note this method of payment is only available when no other means of payment is possible, due to the additional administration costs involved.
The following courses are eligible for the multirate discount when you book three or more courses at the same time:
- Accounting for Non-accountants
- Aerial Visual and Thermographic Applications
- Building defects and surveys (am)
- Building Defects and Surveys (pm)
- Building Regulations: An Update for Surveyors, Engineers and Architects
- Bursledon Brickworks: A History of Bricks
- Business Improvements for Organisations
- Commercial Property Taxation
- Construction Law: An Update
- Covenants and Easement: Legal and Property Issues
- Dilapidations: Law and Practice
- Effective Communication Skills
- Fire: Prevention, Design and Safety management
- Health and Safety Management: An Update
- History, Care and Repair of Timber Framed Structures
- HMS Victory: Surveying, Procurement and Restoration (am)
- HMS Victory: surveying procurement and restoration (pm)
- Introduction to Project Management
- Large Scale Urban Property Regeneration in London
- Making Sense of Commercial Contracts
- Managing Asbestos Risk
- Managing Wellbeing and Mental Health in the Workplace
- Minimum Energy Efficient Standards MEES The Impact on Property Valuation
- Party Walls: Construction, Law and Safety
- Professional Liability: An Update
- Promoting your Business through Social Media
- Property Valuation and Investment: Price, Value and Worth
- Residential surveys valuations and reports
- Residential Update Context Supply and Affordability
- Subsidence and Settlement: Surveying and Engineering Issues
- The Planning System in 2020
- Understanding the Effects of Dampness and Decay in Buildings
- Understanding Trees: Legal and Surveying Issues
- Valuation Update for Surveyors
- Waste Water Purification Drainage and Disposal (am)
- Waste Water Purification Drainage and Disposal (pm)
- Waterproofing Below-ground Structures and Basements
- Working at Height