HMS Warrior - from the Surveyors Perspective Short course
HMS Warrior - from the Surveyors Perspective
The expert skills needed to look after heritage property are similar to those needed to maintain historic ships, such as HMS Warrior – and on this short course, you'll investigate the complex issues surrounding the conservation of materials, and procurement challenges.
You'll also explore structural issues, and put them into the context of a forward maintenance plan that need detailed valuations.
- Mode of study: Face to face
- Duration: 3 hours 20 minutes
- Start and end dates: TBC
- Location: Portsmouth Historic Dockyard
- Single bookings: £105
- Multi-rate (3 or more courses booked at same time): £90
- APC rate: £70
- Apprenticeship rate: £70
- Retired rate: £70
What you'll experience
On this short course, you'll cover:
- Structural Issues
- Conservation of materials
- Labour skill requirement
- Maintenance planning
- Procurement within the heritage and conservation sector
- ‘Quantity Surveying’
You'll be taught by Andrew Baines, who has a long association with the University of Portsmouth, where he studied both Quantity Surveying and Maritime Conservation.
Since then, he has developed a career in the care of historic ships. After starting on HMS Warrior, he moved to HMS Victory as curator.
He is now Deputy Director of Heritage for the National Museum of the Royal Navy, responsible for the world’s largest collection of Historic Ships.
There are no entry requirements for this course.
How to book
This course has already been delivered.
To register your interest for future courses, please email email@example.com
You may also be interested in the following courses:
The following courses are eligible for the multirate discount when you book three or more courses at the same time:
- The CDM Regulations: An update
- Professional Liability
- Construction Law in 2018
- Leasehold Enfranchisement (leases and freeholds) - how to get it right
- Construction and Property Taxation
- Understanding the effects of Dampness and Decay in Buildings
- Accounting for Non Accountants
- Accounting - Valuation Issues
- Understanding Current Practice in Building Services
- Professional Ethics
- Waterproofing Below Ground Structures and Existing Basements
- Business Improvements for Organisations
- Party Walls, Health and Safety and other Legislation
- Looking for Asbestos
- Health and Safety - Managing the Changing Workplace
- Statistics for Non-Statisticians
- Construction Project Management
- Thermal Imaging Building Surveys
- The Planning System in 2019
- Housing Issues: Supply and Affordability
- Building Defects and Surveys
- Understanding Trees, Property and Liability
- Fort Nelson
- London King's Cross Revisited
- Apprenticeship CPD day