Housing Issues Supply and Affordability Short course
Housing Issues Supply and Affordability
For several years, the output of both private and social housing supply has fallen behind levels of demand. On this short course, you'll identify the key issues around the housing crisis, examine the underlying causes, draw on international comparisons and consider possible solutions.
- Mode of study: Direct
- Duration: 3 hours 20 minutes
- Start and end dates: 27 March 2019 - 1.50pm to 5.10pm
- Location: The Hog’s Back Hotel, Farnham GU10 1EX
- Single bookings: £105
- Multirate (3 or more courses booked at same time): £90
- APC rate: £70
- Apprenticeship rate: £70
- Retired rate: £70
What you'll experience
On this short course you'll cover:
- the origins, causes and nature roots of the housing crisis
- supply in the private and social sectors affordability
- new legislation and government policies
- international comparisons
- development case study
- challenges to housing agencies
- recent political pressure including Brexit and other political pressures
You'll be taught by Dr Michael Newey, Chief Executive of the Broadland Group and Past President of the RICS. He had extensive experience of practice in the private sector before specialising in the housing sector, has significant international experience and has advised on housing policy to government in the UK and Australia.
There are no entry requirements for this course.
This event is relevant to those with safeguarding responsibilities and open to professionals from various industries including dentistry.
How to book
To receive the course multi-discount rate, please ensure you select the multi-discount option when you pay. See the courses available for multi-discount below.
To book onto and pay for this course online, please visit our online store.
Pay by invoice
Please note this method of payment is only available when no other means of payment is possible, due to the additional administration costs involved.
The following courses are eligible for the multirate discount when you book three or more courses at the same time:
- The CDM Regulations: An update
- Professional Liability
- Construction Law in 2018
- Leasehold Enfranchisement (leases and freeholds) - how to get it right
- Construction and Property Taxation
- Understanding the effects of Dampness and Decay in Buildings
- Accounting for Non Accountants
- Accounting - Valuation Issues
- Understanding Current Practice in Building Services
- Professional Ethics
- Waterproofing Below Ground Structures and Existing Basements
- Business Improvements for Organisations
- Party Walls, Health and Safety and other Legislation
- Looking for Asbestos
- Health and Safety - Managing the Changing Workplace
- Statistics for Non-Statisticians
- Construction Project Management
- Thermal Imaging Building Surveys
- The Planning System in 2019
- Housing Issues: Supply and Affordability
- Building Defects and Surveys
- Understanding Trees, Property and Liability
- Fort Nelson
- London King's Cross Revisited
- Apprenticeship CPD day