Implant Hygiene Short course
This full day theory course will allow hygienists and dentists to understand implant monitoring and maintenance, enhancing optimum Implant hygiene. You will be taught how to care for peri-implant tissues safely, when ‘to probe or not to probe’ and when to refer.
- Mode of study: Face to face
- Duration: 6 hours, (9.00am - 4.45pm)
- Location: Dental Academy, William Beatty Building, Hampshire Terrace, Portsmouth, PO1 2QG
- Start and end dates: Friday 7 February 2020
What you'll experience
On this short course you’ll:
- understand implant components and interfaces
- understand peri-implant physiology – similarities and differences compared with natural teeth
- Determine what to measure
- What to clean and how
- Develop thorough understanding of dental implant care
- How to care for peri-implant health
- How to avoid harm
- Be able to recognise when the implant is failing or at risk
- Know when to refer
- GDC Development Outcomes – A, C
You'll be taught by Dr Peter Sanders, Dentist and Clinical Lead at Dental Confidence Ltd in Southampton. Dr Sanders has been a practising dentist since 1981 and has been involved in Implant Dentistry for more than 25 years. He was awarded Fellowship of the Faculty of General Dental Practice in 2011 and is a Fellow of the International College of Dentists. Dr Sanders has been Programme Director, Cohort Course Director and Examiner on the Implantology course at the Royal College of Surgeons. He is Chief Examiner for the implantology MSc at King Juan Carlos University of Madrid and President of the Implant Diploma Alumni.
There are no entry requirements for this course.
How to book
Book onto this short course via the Online store below.
Get in touch
Find out more about this course by contacting us below.