Implant Nursing Short course
This full day course will introduce dental nurses to implant dentistry. Dental nurses will gain the knowledge of different procedures and techniques with a sound understanding of the nurses role.
- Mode of study: Face to face
- Duration: 6 hours, (9.00am - 4.45pm)
- Location: Dental Academy, William Beatty Building, Hampshire Terrace, Portsmouth, PO1 2QG
- Start and end dates: Friday 15 May 2020
What you'll experience
On this short course you'll cover:
- Instruments, components & materials– an introduction to the commonly used instruments, components and materials
- Hands-on implant surgical kit familiarity
- Theory and practical asepsis and the requirements for draping, gowning and sterile conditions.
- Post-surgery Set-down Procedures
- GDC Development Outcomes - C, D
You'll be taught by Dr Peter Sanders, Dentist and Clinical Lead at Dental Confidence Ltd in Southampton. Dr Sanders has been a practising dentist since 1981 and has been involved in Implant Dentistry for more than 25 years. He was awarded Fellowship of the Faculty of General Dental Practice in 2011 and is a Fellow of the International College of Dentists. Dr Sanders has been Programme Director, Cohort Course Director and Examiner on the Implantology course at the Royal College of Surgeons. He is Chief Examiner for the implantology MSc at King Juan Carlos University of Madrid and President of the Implant Diploma Alumni.
There are no entry requirements for this course.
How to book
Book onto this short course via the Online store below.
Get in touch
Find out more about this course by contacting us below.