Impression Taking - Additional Duty and Refresher Course
Dental care professionals can now take impressions once they have successfully completed the recognised training. This enables the dentist to perform different tasks, improving surgery efficiency.
DCP’s undertaking impressions report increased job satisfaction and feel an increased sense of being part of a team. On this course, you'll learn to understand the use of different impression materials, and get competence in taking impressions and communicate effectively with laboratories.
- Mode of study: Direct
- Duration: 6 hours, 9.00am-4.45pm
- Location: Dental Academy, William Beatty Building, Hampshire Terrace, Portsmouth, PO1 2QG
- Start and end dates: 24 May 2019
What you'll experience
On this short course you'll cover:
- when to use which materials
- competence in taking impressions
- knowledge of relevant anatomy
- Development Outcomes: B, C
You'll be taught by:
- Robert Seath, Dentist and Clinical Director at the University of Portsmouth Dental Academy
- Sue Hadley, DCP Teaching Fellow at the University of Portsmouth Dental Academy